On Tuesday 2 February, interviews were held with cyclists about their experience with trucks and the blind spot in Brussels. The results can be seen below.
Interview 1: Madam, 20-30 years
What do you do when you encounter a
truck in traffic?
I am aware of dangers and
try to pay extra attention. If I notice that the truck may be running, I will
try to put myself in a safe place.
Can you draw where you think the
blind spot of a truck is?
Do you cycle
often?
Yes,
every day.
How do
you respond to a truck when you are walking?
Then
am I more alert and am I more aware of the dangers.
Where
would you stand around a truck?
I would
make sure that I am not too close to the truck. Usually I am on the side of the
truck. I would not stand at the back of the truck because I have the idea that
I can not see what the truck is going to do.
What
else do you find dangerous about a truck?
I
find it dangerous when the truck brakes. I know I have to keep distance, but I
do not always do that.
Do you
have experience with accidents with trucks?
Yes,
I almost crashed once. I was standing next to the truck and I thought the truck
driver had seen me. Then the truck turned and that's how I got stuck.
Interview 2: Mrs.
25-35
Can you
draw where you think the blind spot of a truck is?
Where
would you stand around a truck when you are on a bike?
When
the truck is moving, I would not stand next to the truck but behind it. I keep a
distance of about 10 meters.
Where
would you stand around a truck when you are walking?
Next
to the truck.
Interview 3: Boy 10-15
Can you draw where you think the blind spot of a truck
is?



Comments
Post a Comment